Beyond the “big story”, you will discuss with your guide the organization of the Hôtel du Pape and the food services. What types of food were preferred? Where did the raw materials come from? How were attempts to poison the Pope fought?
Do you know why the Pope worked under the worried eye of a deer painted on the walls of his study? Why does the lion take a special place in the sculpted decoration of the Palace?
What does this monkey looking at himself in the mirror at the exit of the Grande Chapelle mean? Can't you guess? Your guide knows it and will share it with you!
- Full price: 16,50 €
- Reduced price on presentation of the pass: €14,50
- Senior rate: € 14,50
- Reduced rate: €11,50 for children (8-17 years old), people who have purchased the off card (on presentation of the card)
- Free: for children under 8, people with 80% or more disabilities (CMI Mention Invalidité card) + guide, Avignon residents and inhabitants of Montfavet every Sunday on presentation of proof of residence, curator-guides, journalists, job seekers on presentation of recent proof (6 months) and people from Avignon under the age of 26 who hold Pass Culture cards given by the Town Hall of Avignon
Reservation strongly recommended.
Good to know
- Duration of the visit: 1h45
- Entrance to the Palais des Papes included
- Tour in French only
- Tour suitable for adults and children from 11 years old
- Visit provided by the tour guides of Avignon Tourisme
- Ticket office available on site depending on the remaining places
- Palace gardens included